On-Demand Seizure First Aid Training for School Personnel
On-Demand Training is available 24/7.
The training will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
Upon completion of the training you will receive a Certificate.
Continuing education credits (1.0) are available for certified health educators (CHES)
About the Training
This Seizure Recognition and First Aid Training was developed for school personnel. All school personnel – teachers, administrators, nurses, drivers, coaches, aides, custodians – can benefit from this training. While the training addresses specifics about the school-setting, anyone seeking to learn the basics of epilepsy and how to recognize and respond to a seizure could benefit from the content.
After completing this training, learners will:
- Understand the basics about epilepsy
- Recognize common seizure types, treatment options, and their possible impact on student learning
- Identify appropriate first aid and recognize when a seizure is a medical emergency
- Understand how to administer rescue medicines, if applicable
- Know where to find local community support for more information